Abbot Public Library offers space in its large Meeting Room during public service hours for use by non-profit groups and organizations for meetings that are educational, cultural or civic in nature.
The lower level Meeting Room accommodates 100 chairs and has an audiovisual system, a movable podium and a wall-mounted projection screen. Kitchen facilities are available. The room rental fee is $25.
To make a reservation, please complete a meeting room reservation form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the library. All reservations must be approved by the Director. Requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis and subject to the following procedures and guidelines. Library programs and events have priority for Meeting Room use.
The Marblehead Room and Secret Garden are available on request at the discretion of the Director. Fees to be determined.
Your Title Goes Here
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Procedures and Guidlines
- Groups associated with the Library, such as the Friends of the Library, the Board of Trustees, etc. may use the Meeting and/or Conference Room at no charge.
- Official Town Departments and Committees may use the Rooms at no charge.
- Groups which are co-sponsoring a program with the Library will not pay a fee.
- For all other nonprofits and individuals, there is a rental fee of $25 for 3 hours. Checks for fees are to be made payable to the Town of Marblehead.
- All programs, meetings, etc. must be free of charge and open to the general public.
- Meetings must adjourn a minimum of 15 minutes before the Library’s closing time.
- No admission fees may be charged or donations solicited, with the exception of the Friends of the Library and the Second Century Fund. No donations of money or other property may be solicited or collected from the audience. No promotions or sales of services, products, merchandise, materials or other items are allowed.
- Commercial entities or professional practitioners may rent a library meeting room to provide an educational program open to the general public, related to their field of expertise. In such a case, an educational opportunity offered by an expert provides benefit to the public and visibility to the presenter. During such a program, no attempt may be made to sell a specific product or service offered by the entity or practitioner or any other commercial interest, at the time of the program or in the future. Therefore, the individual or entity offering the program is asked not to hand out business cards or brochures promoting any business, product or service and not to request personal information (names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.) from the program participants, either as part of a pre-registration process or during the program itself.
- Authors and entertainers presenting Library-sponsored programs are permitted to sell books, CDs and DVDs as applicable, but an arrangement with a local bookstore is preferred.
- Any material advertising a program to be held in the Meeting Room must make it clear that the Abbot Public Library is not a sponsor. All publicity material must be submitted for approval prior to distribution. The Library will not supply any materials for meetings.
- There is no charge for the use of kitchen facilities. Light refreshments may be served, but groups may not prepare food on Library property. Groups are responsible for cleanup and for the cost of replacing any lost or damaged equipment.
- The library is not responsible for theft of or damage to property brought into a Library meeting room.
- At this time, the Library’s meeting room is not available for birthday and anniversary parties, weddings, memorials, or other personal celebrations.
- Rooms are not available for tutoring purposes. However, we ask that all tutors who use our library spaces check in with us when they arrive before setting up. Tutors should note that other patrons are also free to use the areas at the same time.
- No group or organization may use the Abbot Public Library art/ logo in promoting or advertising their meeting without the Library’s permission.
- No group or organization may list the address of the Library as its mailing address.
- If there is any damage to any room or equipment that necessitates professional cleaning or repairs, the meeting applicant will be held responsible for all associated costs.
- Cancellations should be made at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. Attendance may not exceed the meeting room’s capacity. Library meeting rooms may NOT be used for:
- Commercial purposes, solicitation of business, or non-Abbot Public Library fundraising
- Political campaigning on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for elected public office
- Any illegal or potentially hazardous activity