UPDATED SERVICE HOURS AS OF JUNE 14TH
In response to the Massachusetts State of Emergency ending on Tuesday, June 15th, the Abbot Public Library has updated our service hours and policies.
Beginning on Monday, June 14th, Abbot Public Library will be open to the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm and on Saturdays from 9:30 am – 4:30 pm. On Wednesdays, we will be closed to the public in order to continue to provide our popular Curbside Pickup Service. Please see our full schedule below:
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
MONDAY: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
TUESDAY: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
THURSDAY: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
FRIDAY: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
SATURDAY: 9:30 am – 4:30 pm
CURBSIDE PICKUP SERVICE
The building will be CLOSED to the public. Please register online or call 781-631-1481, Ext. 217 or 237 for children’s items and Ext. 201 or 223 for teen or adult items.
10:00 am – 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Masks will be optional beginning on Tuesday, June 15th, as this is the end of the Massachusetts State of Emergency. However, we encourage and support the wearing of masks by those who have not been vaccinated or who would prefer to continue to do so.
Please note that public computers will be unavailable at this time.
CURBSIDE PICKUP: CURRENT HOURS AND SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
Abbot Public Library currently offers a no-contact curbside pickup service, by appointment only. Curbside Pickup Hours are Wednesdays 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. Please note: the building will be closed to the public on Wednesdays in order for us to provide the Curbside Pickup Service.
Please note that the Curbside Service is constantly being updated to better serve you, so please always read the instructions carefully, both here and on the online registration, to stay current with procedures.
Here’s how the process works:
- You will be able to place holds through your online account at evergreen.noblenet.org. If you are having difficulty placing holds online, please contact the library at (781) 631-1481 during Curbside Service Hours (see above) or email us at email@example.com. If you need to register for a library card, please fill out this online form and a staff member will be in contact with you.
- Items that are available in Marblehead will be pulled within 48 hours of their request. Due to delays in interlibrary delivery service, some items will take longer to become available.
- When your holds are ready, you will receive a notification, via text, email, or phone call, according to your preference, from the library. To change your notification settings go to Account Preferences > Notification Preferences on your online account.
- Once you have received a notice that your items are available, please schedule an appointment to pick up your items. Appointments can be scheduled for Wednesdays from 9:30 am – 5:30 pm. We ask that you wait until the library has notified you that your requested items are available before scheduling a pickup appointment.
- Call the library at (781) 631-1481 during service hours to schedule a pickup time.
- Register online with our new software, courtesy of the Friends of Abbot Library! If you receive email notifications, simply click on the registration link in your notice to be brought to our events calendar, or you can click here. On the registration calendar, choose the time slot that works best for you and hit “Register.” Please read the instructions carefully (they are subject to change) and fill out the registration form as completely as possible. Once you have submitted the form, you will receive an email confirming your appointment time. Should you need to cancel your appointment, it’s as easy as clicking on the cancellation link in your confirmation email.
- Please come to the library at your appointment time, to receive your items. Please wear a mask and follow social distancing protocols during pickup, as a safety measure to benefit all. Items will be in paper bags labelled with your last name, on a cart by the rear entrance, through the parking lot. Since this is a no-contact service, staff will not be outside. Items will already be checked out to you in advance and have a due date slip, so feel free to grab your bag and go!
Please only return items to a book return, located in front of the library on Pleasant Street, or near the rear entrance by the Maverick Street parking lot.
We are delighted to be able to offer curbside pickup service, as a way for patrons to borrow tangible items again! Please continue to check our website, Facebook page, or the Abbot Public Library Blog for updates to curbside pickup or returns procedures and hours. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate this unprecedented time for library services, and we look forward to serving you!