The Friends of Abbot Public Library is a volunteer organization dedicated to the support of the library events and services for the Town of Marblehead and surrounding communities.
Statement of Purpose:
- To further community awareness and use of the library.
- To sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community.
- To provide direct financial assistance by purchasing for the library special and unusual items which cannot be purchased from the budget.
- To encourage gifts, endowments and memorials for the library (by contributing to the Abbot Public Library Foundation).
- To aid in public relations by informing the community about the library’s services and problems.
- To communicate the needs of the community to the staff and library board.
- To call public attention to outstanding achievements of the library.
- To work for library legislation or appropriations.
Signature programs include free or discounted passes to area museums, sponsorship of author visits, and the operation of the in-library Sail Away Book Shoppe.
President: Kathleen Waslov
Vice President: Betsy Brady
Secretary: Colleen Polk
We invite you to join us as a member. Memberships provide us with funds to finance our library projects and a base of volunteers to organize and execute library events.
There are multiple ways to join:
Pick up a membership application envelope at the library and return it with your tax-deductible contribution,
Scan and print the membership application [click to download PDF] and mail it to us with your membership dues.
If you prefer to apply online, please use our PayPal or Venmo account below. Please be sure to include your Address and Email.
Donation of Books and Other Media
Donations of used materials are accepted on designated collection days for inclusion in the Friends of the Abbot Public Library Book Sales.